Search This Blog

Thursday 22 June 2017

Another Whistle

I've just made a second whistle, this one is longer - in the key of G and, this time, using the black PVC pipe. I made the fipple block a bit longer and cut it at a sharper angle. This makes it a bit easier to play in my opinion.

If you didn't read my last blog, these are "penny whistles" made to the design of Guido Gonzato.

The black pipe makes a perfectly serviceable instrument, but it is much harder to see the pencil marks, and, conversely it shows the scuff-marks from sandpaper much more clearly! A strip of masking tape along the tube was useful to mark out the positions for the holes.
Here's a picture of the two whistles together.
73 Hugh M0WYE

1 comment:

  1. Great! It is a great blog. I would definitely try making this whistle. I really liked your post. This is a great post. Thank you for sharing this post with us.

    ReplyDelete